PJM – Chicago Attorneys
Darren K. Angell
Areas of Practice/Concentration
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate
- Land Use and Zoning
- Civil Rights
- Corporate Transactions
- Sports and Entertainment Law
- The University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 2012
- Mercyhurst University, B.A. Business Administration, 2007
- State of Illinois
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Executive Board Member for the Chicago Chapter of The University of Kansas Alumni Association
- The Attorney General’s Office Re-Affirms Illinois’ Stance on Using Personal Email Accounts to Conduct Public Business in Public Access Opinion 16-006, 2017.
- The Salary Cap in Pro Sports: Its new changes and impact on the NBA, NFL, and MLB, International Conference on Sport and Entertainment Business, 2007.
Darren Angell concentrates a portion of his practice to general civil litigation in State and Federal Court. He counsels clients in both the public and private sectors, including municipalities and large insurance companies.
Mr. Angell is experienced in all aspects of litigation and has tried a number of matters before both the bench and juries. He has effectively resolved matters through several forms of alternative dispute resolution. He has successfully defended numerous lawsuits in State and Federal Court, and has helped negotiate favorable settlements in several others.
Mr. Angell devotes considerable time providing counsel to several municipalities in the Chicagoland area. He is experienced with land use and zoning, commercial real estate leasing and development, contract drafting and review, business licensing, ordinance drafting, and FOIA issues.
Mr. Angell has a significant amount of experience in Sports and Entertainment. He has worked for a prominent sports agency concentrated on representing NBA players, where he negotiated marketing deals. In addition, he has served as an Assistant Coach for a Men’s NCAA Division I Basketball program. Throughout his career, Mr. Angell has advised both players and coaches with career decisions.
Mr. Angell holds a B.A. from Mercyhurst University, where he was inducted into an International Business Honor Society. At Mercyhurst, Mr. Angell was a member of the Men’s Basketball team, and was selected as a team Captain. Mr. Angell received his J.D. from The University of Kansas School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Angell served as President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society, an Executive Board member for the Real Estate Law Society, and was a Features Writer for the Kansas Law Free Press.