PJM – Attorney
Michael F. Carroll
Phone: (312) 724-8040
Areas of Practice/Concentration
- Municipal law
- Government Relations
- Administrative Hearing Officer& Hearing Officer Trainer
- Drafting Ordinances
- Freedom of Information Act & Open Meetings Act
- Video Gaming Law & Taxation
- UIC John Marshall Law School, JD, 1995 (Chosen for Hall of Distinction – 2017)
- University of Illinois Springfield, Master of Public Admin. (Anticipated Aug. ’24)
- Northern Illinois University, BA, 1985
- State of Illinois
- State of Michigan
- Southwest Bar Association (Past-President)
- Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association
- Orland Park Lions Club – Life Member and Melvin Jones Fellow (1997 to Present)
Mike Carroll has been an attorney for nearly three decades. He currently specializes in governmental relations and municipal law. He began his career in a law firm that concentrated on Criminal Defense and there, he took hundreds of cases to trial or hearing. He has been appointed as a prosecutor of criminal, ordinance, and administrative matters throughout Northern Illinois. He has served as an administrative hearing officer in approximately a dozen municipalities throughout Illinois and has trained and certified attorneys in that capacity for nearly ten years.
Mike previously served as Vice-President and Finance Chairman for Orland School District 135 and was a Trustee, Finance Chairman and Public Works Chairman for the Village of Orland Park. He spent three years as Deputy City Manager and Chief Legal Officer for the City of Portage, Michigan and is approved for reciprocity by the Michigan Supreme Court.
In recent months, Mike has served as the Prosecuting Attorney for the Village of Tinley Park’s Civil Service Commission in the termination of a union employee, has drafted multiple ordinances and has provided counsel to several of our clients in the area of video gaming law and taxation.