PJM – Attorney
Paul A. O’Grady
Areas of Practice/Concentration
- Insurance Regulatory Matters
- Insurance Coverage
- Gaming Law
- Federal Civil Rights
- FBI National Academy, Quantico, Virginia, Certification of Executive Management, 2004
- Harvard School of Law, Program on Negotiations Certification, 2003
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, 2000
- Loyola University Chicago, BS, magna cum laude, 1996
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas (Houston Division)
- United States District Court – District of New Mexico (Albuquerque)
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of the United States
- FBI National Academy Association
- International Chiefs of Police
- Supervisor, Orland Township
- Appointed Board of Directors Illinois Mine Subsistence Insurance Fund
- Appointed Board of Directors Specialty Surplus Insurance Corporation
- Former Chairman, Thomas J. Dart Cook County Sheriff Blue Ribbon Committee on Internal Affairs
- Former Commissioner Orland Fire Protection District, Chairman
Paul has practiced in a broad spectrum of legal matters ranging from regulatory matters to defending class action claims.
Paul has successfully negotiated settlement agreements between Insurance Companies and the Regulatory Agencies overseeing said companies. Paul has litigated issues before agencies when settlement could not be reached.
Paul is currently a Special State’s Attorney in Cook, LaSalle, Lake, and Will Counties and a Special Attorney General for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office. Paul has served as a Special Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago.
Paul’s practice has been highlighted in the February 2011 issue of Chicago Lawyer Magazine.